11 April 2013

Thy Will be Done.

I've finally grown up and done it. I am making my will, ('Thy WILL be done' - get it? Do you see what I did there??), including the crafting of my letter of wishes. I am including some poems that I have written to be read out at my funeral. What an emotional process! To re-read a poem that you have written means that you re-connect with the emotions that were present at the time of writing. Nevertheless, I have to admit that I found it quite releasing as it afforded me an unexpected sense of freedom. (Or, at this point, do I have to be honest and admit that it is the sense of control from the 'other side' that has given me this edge? Oh, the continuous humbling journey we are on!). I'd include the poems here, but then that would spoil the surprise now wouldn't it? ;o)

No comments: