2 August 2011

Thoughts of a Poet

This is one of my latest poems taken from my "Thoughts of a Poet" collection. When appropriate, I offer poems out to those to whom I feel the words might be a comfort if they are going through something which I have also experienced. My heart felt hope is that this will encourage them on their path through the trial that they may be facing and help them emerge triumphant on other side. However, at times this is a risky venture as when the words are "out there" they leave a window into my soul that is unprotected.


Naked / Carefree

Sometimes I don’t want to think like a poet.
I want to think normally, carefree

Without the depth of thought
From which I cannot hide the true me.

I want to be carefree
Without a soul that exposes the true me,

Laid bare, for others to see
Whilst I stand exposed and naked be.

These words express my frailty
Or my inner strength through the trials that be.

Yet, no matter which the side you see,
I still stand exposed and naked be.


(Copyright EH 2011.
All Rights Reserved)

No comments: