18 February 2010

Poetry & Art

Inspiration has hit! I have been wondering for a while now how to turn some of my poetry into art to display on my walls at home instead of buying the usual high street chain wall art that is on offer which ends up being, whilst pretty at times, a visual image taking up my living space that has nothing to do with my background, experience or journey. Nothing to do with who I am. So I started searching for links to poetry and art and found a photographer's work on Flickr who had put quotes into a scrap book as a present for a friend. I shall have a go at something artistic and post it when done!

Here it is! Finally an update November 2010. I created this drawing to compliment a poem recently written (in the lower middle of image) and as a way to get into a prayerful mood as, often, my mind races too much to concentrate. I hope to do more soon...


3 comments:

Clem said...

How funny, we've just been chatting with my teacher of drawing about how to build links between my writings and my drawings....
what have you done at this time?
I do think that a drawing with words is a very interesting way to do art =) I hope you'll show me?!
What is the first image which come in your mind when you want to draw?
clem

EH said...

Hey Clem!

To answer your last question, the pictures don't come because I want to draw, but I want to draw or write poetry because I see the pictures when thinking or praying(or simply because I have something that my soul wants to vent that's not picture related).

I use the title "Painting With Words" for my blog as some of my poetry comes from expressing the pictures that I see in my mind but I express them in word form. I would love to be the good painter that I would need to be to paint what I see, but until I am I shall rely on words.

However, I wanted to get the poems out of their dusty folder and use them on my walls at home. Therefore trying find some kind of creative image to accompany them (collage or doodle etc...) that would fit the picture or idea behind it is what I fancied experiementing with. However, your idea of using the words themselves to create art is a good one. I'll have a play and let you know what happens!

A bientôt!

Esther

EH said...

Hey Clem!

Here is my latest art piece added. What do you think?

Esther x