6 November 2008

The Shack, William P. Young

This entry isn't about my poetry and my love of communicating what I see or feel with words, but having found words from another source that planted mental pictures filled with emotion, beauty and power into my mind, I wanted to share my appreciation for "The Shack"...


Rarely do I read a book that touches my heart and gives me clarity about life (the Bible aside) and acknowledgement of things I've been through (there is something in it for everyone). Rarely do I read a book which allows me to look back and understand why... Rarely do I read a book that answers such big questions (some I need to re-read!). Rarely do I find a book that I cannot put down because I loose myself in the world that it invites me to step into (the last one was The Life of Pi, Yann Martel). Rarely do I get the time to read books, to be fair, (I can't usually sit still long enough...) but it is books of this quality that renew my motivation to pick up another one. Rarely do I read a book that makes me cry (my carpet is a sodden tissue graveyard). Rarely do I read a book that describes scenes of such beauty (I won't spoil which ones...).
Whilst I am not for or against the theology behind the book, (I am still digesting its contents), I do recommend it as well worth reading.
Now the divisive question is: is this book purely fiction or another of the multitude of ways with which God can communicate with us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice review